My Essential Supplements & Foods
“Sharing is caring” and I hate when people don’t share what supplement, tips and tricks they use to get to where they are! Here are some of the most common foods, supplements and methods I use on a weekly basis. Please, comment if you have any questions or even if you disagree, discussion is always welcome.
- Whey Protein
- Protein is a critical nutrient in building and maintaining muscle mass. Timing is key, not the brand, so don’t spend much time on that.
- Artic Cod Liver Oil Capsules
- This contains the right fatty acids that prevent blood clots. Also known to reduce pain and swelling.
- Hawthorne Extract
- Known to improve the amount of blood pumped out of the heart, widening of blood vessels and stabilizing blood pressure. Excellent for prevention of heart disease!
- Naturally occurring, century old, Asian native tree leaf that is used for memory and concentration. On days when you are tired and exhausted this can keep you performing.
- Basically extracted green tea, into a capsule, that is known to help with neuron growth and improve cognitive function. Aids in the reduction of free radicals so it’s an antioxidant!
- Yerba mate
- Tea with a little less caffeine than a standard cup of coffee. Packed with antioxidants, possibly more than green tea!
- Extensive research is always being done to define the benefits of coffee. Due to caffeine content it can boost metabolism, aid in concentration. Also serves as an antioxidant. More than a few cups a day can become harmful.
Common Foods I frequently consume
- Dark chocolate 80% or higher
- Sweet Potato
- Green beans
- Cook using coconut oil and olive oil or grass-fed butter
My weekly food list is not that vast and everyone can always make improvements, keeping it simple and switching it up occasionally is what works for me. My wife and I will frequently switch up how the food is prepared but most of our meals revolve around these main ingredients. The supplements listed I do take daily. During certain phases I will incorporate a pre-work and a creatine supplement.